Director of Human Resources
This position develops, manages and provides ongoing leadership for human resource functions in compliance with the District;s established policies and goals, as well as with all applicable Federal State and local regulations.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Administration of similar field or a combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties. Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Human Resources in the functional areas of Recruitment, Benefits, Compensation, Employee/Labor Relations, Training and Development, HRIS, and Employee Communication and Recognition. Increasing levels of responsibility in the area of human resources. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) or the ability to obtain.
- Master's degree in Business Adminstration or Educational Leadership or Educational Administration or similar preferred.
- Supervisory Experience.
- Previous work in public school administration.
July 6th, or until filled.
- Employer: Moorhead Public School District
- Location: Probstfield Center For Education
Human Resources Specialist
Date Posted: June 15, 2018
Position Title: Human Resources Specialist
Assignment: District Office (White Bear Lake, MN)
Hours: 8.0 hours/day (261 days)
Hourly Rate: $26.09 - $29.72
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
Under direct supervision, this is a professional position that provides human resource support services for internal and external customers. The position has direct accountability for various responsibilities of the District’s human resource department as it relates to handling confidential and complex duties while maintaining a broad based knowledge relating to a wide range of personnel policies and procedures, human resource functions, administrative rules, interpretation of collective bargaining agreements and related work as apparent or assigned.
This is a consultative and customer service oriented position that requires excellent communication skills, resourcefulness, sound critical thinking and problem-solving skills, project coordination, data management, report generation, and advanced computer and technology skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds or assists in the resolution of process and/or procedural problems and inquiries received from employees, department representatives, administrators and external customers relating to human resource functions in a timely manner.
- Implements and monitors the employee paid leave system, ensuring accuracy of employee entries, accruals and deductions.
- Maintains the District’s performance management system to ensure entry of all required performance evaluations and documentation required for Q-Comp eligible employees.
- Prepares and submits the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) required Staff Automated Reporting (STAR) on a semi-annual basis.
- Maintains accurate employee assignment information in the District’s HRIS system.
- Compiles and maintains state requested reports for the Department of Economic Security and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Runs license expiration reports, notifies employees of expiring licenses and tracks renewals in the District’s HRIS system.
- Prepares and posts seniority lists annually for all district bargaining groups as required per contract.
- Completes and retains I-9 documentation in compliance with the Department of Homeland Security.
- Processes lane change requests, ensuring eligible staff have successfully completed all requirements for submission.
- Processes COBRA and retiree continuation and acts as a liaison with third party administrator.
- Processes employment and insurance verifications as requested.
- Reviews employee requested changes to address, direct deposit and W-4 information and communicates changes to payroll.
- Facilitates new driver and random drug and alcohol testing for all District drivers.
- Supports retro pay calculations, as needed, upon settlements of contracts by providing step movement and longevity information to payroll.
- Supports the selection and on-boarding process for all new employees including monitoring completion of background checks, paperwork and licensure.
- Supports the District Office front desk by providing back-up coverage when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree, one to three year of work experience in human resources, excellent customer services skills, demonstrated problem solving skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, ability to accurately enter and interpret data and ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
Committment to Equity
At Northeast Metro 916, equity means that everyone has access to what they need in order to learn, grow and thrive. To learn more, click here.
Northeast Metro 916 will not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- Employer: Northeast Metro 916
- Location: Northeast Metro 916
Assistant Superintendent of Learning and Accountability
Moorhead Area Public Schools is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Superintendent of Learning and Accountability. Applicants must demonstrate leadership skills and a strong commitment to student achievement, building partnerships in the community, supporting staff learning and development and financial management.
The Assistant Superintendent of Learning and Accountability provides strategic leadership, management, and planning in district matters for all core education programs. This position provides alignment of support programs in Learner Support Services and Alternative Education Services with the core education programs, as well as administers and oversees federal and state programs and district staff development to ensures a free appropriate public education for all students. Develops, directs,evaluates and administers policy, procedures, programs, budgets, staffing, and staff development as related to the above programs/services and advises the Superintendent, Central Office Team and Cabinet on matters regarding school improvement and accountability.
Applicants must hold or be eligible for licensure as a Superintendent in Minnesota. A minimum of five (5) years of experience at a district office level is preferred.
Salary is negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
The position will close to application on June 30, 2018.
- Employer: Moorhead Public School District
- Location: Moorhead Public School District
Recruitment and Retention Specialist
Recruitment and Retention Specialist
Full Time 12 months
The primary responsibility of the Recruitment and Retention Specialist is to advance recruitment and retention efforts in collaboration with department and district administration through the implementation of the district's comprehensive recruitment plan for all positions with emphasis on diverse applicants and applicants who have licensure for hard-to-fill teaching positions. This position will (1) be the primary point of contact for all interested candidates, (2) ensure evolution in onboarding process, and (3) assist in the development of pathways towards teaching.
Duties: Assist in the development, creation and implementation of strategic recruitment strategies to enhance the district's visibility and reputation as an employer of choice. Develop and implement recruitment and retention practices through an equity lens and create an ethnically and culturally diverse applicant pool by actively encouraging qualified candidates to apply for positions in the district. Utilize social media and online recruitment resources to expand the reach and impact of recruitment practices; remain current in new and developing technologies and trends. Collaborate with the Staffing Supervisor and other district administrators to determine high priority staffing needs; modify recruitment plans as needed to focus on hard-to-fill positions. Build and enrich relationships with colleges, universities, schools, businesses, community organizations and other partners who can help further the district's recruitment goals. Actively research and pursue opportunities to make presentations at colleges, universities, businesses and community organizations. Enhance the overall student teaching experience in the district, including management of annual contracts with colleges and universities. Expand partnerships with colleges and universities to create a more diverse student teaching pool to better align student teaching candidates with our staffing needs. Advise student teachers regarding the district hiring process and develop/implement recruiting methods to encourage application for available positions. Prepare and deliver presentations for recruiting events, supervisor training, data/trend analysis and other related topics. Manage and develop all district recruitment and career fairs and other special events; partnering with district departments as needed. Update recruitment materials and other forms of media to ensure a positive image of employment with the district; work collaboratively with communications department to ensure consistency. Develop and administer employee exit survey process; identify trends and areas for improvement. Provide regular updates to stakeholders. Collect and analyze recruitment, retention and employee turnover data; identify trends and gaps. Provide regular updates to stakeholders. Maintain accurate and well-organized documentation of recruitment and retention efforts; including recruitment expenses. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Requires Associate degree in Human Resources, Marketing, Education or related field and a minimum of three years closely related experience. Other similar administrative or school administration experience may be considered. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task and manage flow of simultaneous projects in a fast paced environment. Ability to build trust and rapport with a diverse body of stakeholders. Excellent in verbal and written communication with a diverse audience. Excellent interpersonal skills and customer focus, with the ability to positively interact with administrators, employees, applicants and vendors/educational partners. Ability to effectively present information to administration and other employees. Ability to perform position responsibilities including physical factors, work devices and materials handling, data functions, and people functions. Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. Ability to maintain regular attendance, which includes completing an assigned day and commit the time necessary to complete the job.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Education or related area preferred.
Rate of Pay: $66,037 and up, DOQ, plus benefits.
Start Date: ASAP after closing.
All Applicants must complete the Anoka-Hennepin Schools online application at www.ahschools.us/employment
- Employer: Anoka-Hennepin Public School District
- Location: Anoka-Hennepin Public School District