UCare Medicare Group
UCare Group Medicare for your Retirees
We know Medicare so you don’t have to!
Employees who are retiring will be adjusting to a new phase in life. One of the most challenging parts of the transition is how their health coverage changes once they become eligible for Medicare. UCare understands Medicare. We help retirees while making your life easier. We want to be your partner in assisting your retirees.
How UCare serves the Employer:
- Employers/Unions are not required to contribute financially to retiree premium
- No minimum retiree participation is required
- All administration handled by UCare:
- Retiree phone calls, questions and issues
- Medicare 101 and Open Enrollment Meetings
- Employee Health or Benefit Fairs
Advantages for retirees:
- Medicare and plan education: Through phone or via Medicare 101 sessions
- Plan choice: High, Core and Basic Options (retirees choose the plan they want annually)
- HSA/HRA funds may be used to pay premium
- Large Network and Service Area
- Worldwide Emergency Coverage
- Travel up to 6 consecutive months out of area, use Out-of-Network benefits
- Dental – Preventive included plus optional Comprehensive Rider
- Prescription drug benefits retirees cannot purchase on their own – High Option eliminates the “Donut Hole.” Plans include and enhance Medicare Part D drug coverage.
- UCare Health & Wellness Programs: SilverSneakers® and Health Club Discount
- Quarterly Newsletter – “PrimeTime”
- Dedicated Group Medicare Customer Service staff